Cookiebot™ Consent Solution
Your path to effortless website privacy compliance.
Gain peace of mind. Achieve privacy compliance with an easy to use, automated and reliable consent solution for the GDPR and ePrivacy, Digital Markets Act (DMA), CCPA/CPRA and more.
Cookiebot™ Consent Solution
Collect and signal explicit user consent
Achieve privacy compliance with European regulations like the GDPR, ePrivacy Directive and Digital Markets Act (DMA). Automatic and effortless, while protecting your advertising revenue and marketing data.
monthly user consents
The benefits of Cookiebot™ Cookie Consent Solution
Achieve compliance with data privacy regulations
Cookiebot CMP is your solution for fast and easy compliance with ever-changing data privacy regulations. In 3 simple steps, get peace of mind and control over the data privacy compliance of your website.
Maximize consent-based data collection
Protect your advertising revenue and unlock consent-based marketing opportunities. Boost your opt-in rates by leveraging Cookiebot CMP’s customization features to maintain access to high quality, essential marketing data.
Build user trust
Create a trustworthy user experience on your website and support consumers’ increasing demands for transparency around the use of their data. Stand out among competitors and build trust to drive engagement and revenue.
Personalize your cookie banner to enable transparent, trustworthy user experiences.
- Get started with high quality pre-built templates
- Flexible banner configuration and language based on the user’s geographic location
- Supports 47+ languages
AUTOMATED AND EASY TO USE
Designed for technical and non-technical teams to save time and resources so you can focus on your business.
- Achieve compliance in 3 easy steps
- Easy and seamless integrations with various CMS platforms
- Effortless blocking of cookies and trackers
- Automated identification and categorization of cookies and trackers in use
- Automated monthly website scans
RELIABLE COOKIE CONSENT SOLUTION
Gain peace of mind and control over your website powered by the latest state of the art tech and legal expertise.
- Market-leading patented scanning technology
- Comprehensive repository of 11,000+ described and categorized trackers
- Supports multiple major international data privacy laws
- Integrations with Google Tag Manager, IAB TCF 2.2, and more
- Google-certified CMP partner and support for the latest version of Google Consent Mode
GROWS WITH YOUR BUSINESS
Deploy your cookie banner across multiple domains and regulations. Reduce manual effort and achieve data privacy compliance for your business.
- Supports multiple websites of any size
- Compatible with multiple implementation methods based on your tech stack
- Cross-domain Consent Sharing
- Premium customer care and technical support
What our customers and partners say about us
Why choose Cookiebot CMP as your cookie consent solution?
Patented scanning technology
Pioneering cookie consent management since 2012, our teams continue to work hard to build the best data privacy software. Our powerful patented scanning solution detects 63% more cookies and trackers than any other solution on the market.
Loved by customers and partners
With the highest retention rate in the industry and an extensive network of 3,000+ partners, Cookiebot CMP is the first choice for businesses of all sizes when it comes to easy to use, customizable and scalable data privacy compliance.
Exceptional customer care and technical support team
With our extensive knowledge base and our team of experts, we help you quickly navigate everything from legal complexities to advanced technical integrations and use cases.
Frequently Asked Questions
A cookie consent solution, also called consent management platform, ensures compliance with data privacy regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in the United States.
A CMP solution also enables companies to customize the cookie banner or pop-up notification that appears on their website or app, ensuring that users are provided with clear and transparent information about the types of data that will be collected, how it will be used, and who it will be shared with. This helps to build trust with users and increases transparency around data collection and processing activities.
A cookie consent management solution enables you to demonstrate the collected consent of the website visitors in case of an audit of data processing activities and regulatory compliance.
According to the GDPR, consent must be:
- Explicit: Active acceptance, e.g. ticking a box or clicking a link.
- Informed: Who, what, why, for how long?
- Documented: The website operator has the burden of proof in the case of an audit. Ensure consents are securely documented and stored.
- In advance: No data is collected before the user has consented, i.e. cookies cannot be set on the website before the user consent or if they decline.
- Granular: Separate consent for each individual purpose, i.e. consent cannot be bundled with other purposes or activities.
- Freely given: Provide “Accept” and “Deny” options, e.g. buttons, that are equally displayed and accessible.
- Easy to decline or withdraw: Opting out must be as easy to do as opting in.
Cookiebot CMP is designed to be easy to use for the average user and not require a lot of technical expertise. It can be implemented on your website in 3 steps after you’ve created an account.
- Add your website to the Cookiebot CMP Manager
- Customize your cookie banner settings or select from our predefined options
- Add the cookie banner script into your website’s code by following the easy instructions on the “Your scripts” tab
To help, we’ve prepared this Getting Started guide with detailed explanations of the setup.
When a website visitor (user) submits a consent from your website(s), the following data is automatically logged at Cookiebot CMP:
- user’s IP number in anonymized form (by removing the last 16 bit of IPv4 addresses and by removing the last 96 bit of IPv6 addresses)
- date and time of the consent
- user agent of the user’s browser
- URL from which the consent was submitted
- an anonymous, random and encrypted key value
- user’s consent state, serving as proof of consent
The key is used for proof of consent and is an option to verify the consent state stored in the user’s browser.
The GDPR requires that all consents must be retained for a period of 5 years, serving as essential documentation to substantiate consent if required. In addition, retaining historical consents is crucial in the event of an audit of your website by data protection authorities.
Using a cookie consent solution like Cookiebot CMP, end users can withdraw consent as easily as they gave it, which is a core GDPR cookie consent requirement in the EU.